Whether in the office or travelling, we have identified our Top 10 things that we believe will make a real difference to a sustainable way of working. We hope you agree, and if you have any ideas we can add, we’re always interested to hear them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Sustainable Working Practices – “Reduce, Re-use and recycle”
- We recycle our phonebooks and use the web instead (it’s more up-to-date anyway)
- We print documents double-sided and don’t print e-mails unless necessary
- When color is not important, we print in draft-quality gray scale (monochrome) which uses less ink
- We recycle all types of paper (except food wrappers) including junk mail, magazines, brochures, cardboard, manila folders, envelopes, etc.
- We recycle all our printer cartridges, CDs, electronics and office equipment
- All our printer paper is FSC- certified (Forest Stewardship Council)
- Our electrical equipment, including computers, printers and video monitors, are all Energy Star qualified products, which meet strict energy performance levels, help save money and protect our environment.
- We fully support internet technologies to reduce travel – we use Skype for internal meetings wherever possible, as well as whatever voice and videoconferencing facilities clients prefer
- Wherever practical, we use public transport to get around in the course of our work
- When car travel is necessary, we car-pool amongst ourselves whenever we can